|English | Español
FREE COMMUNITY TESTING IN YAKIMA: HOW TO REGISTER
We are reopening August 30th in a New location! Please visit us at:
Yakima Valley College Campus, North Student Parking Lot 810 S. 14th Ave, Yakima, WA 98902 (directions)
One of the best ways to decrease the spread of COVID-19 is to get tested. Getting tested does NOT increase the amount of disease in our community.
Adequate testing simply allows for early identification of cases, which leads to quick isolation to ensure the disease is not passed beyond close contacts. Close contacts can then successfully quarantine to stop the spread. Increased testing directly correlates to a reduction in disease activity.
Testing does not create disease – it allows for containment of disease.
Anyone who has COVID-19 symptoms, may have been exposed to coronavirus, or simply is concerned about their COVID-19 status, should come get tested.
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – from mild symptoms to severe illness.
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms or combinations of symptoms may have COVID-19:
COVID-19 symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Yakima county now offers free COVID-19 testing for everyone over 3 months old.
If you are under the age of 18, a guardian must accompany you to the test.
Testing is available regardless of your citizenship/immigration status. You do not need to have insurance to be tested.
If you have insurance, please provide this information. The lab will bill your insurance, but you will not receive a bill for your test. By billing insurance, we are able to ensure that everyone in Yakima has access to testing.
You can pre-register online for a faster testing experience. Choose a time close to your arrival time. Testing demand is currently high which has impacted wait times. Please keep that in mind as you plan your visit. We recommend pre-registering for an arrival time before you visit.
1. How to Register for your Free Test in Advance
Register Online (Form available in English)
- Choose a testing location below to begin the registration process.
- After you have scheduled your arrival time, you will receive multiple confirmation texts from “Solv”. Tap on the link in the text to complete online forms before your arrival time.
- PLEASE NOTE: The online forms will be blank. This is to protect your privacy. If you already entered your insurance when you booked your arrival time, there is no need to enter it again.
- If you are an employer and would like to schedule testing for a large group of people (10+), you must contact 2-1-1 within 24 hours of when you would like to visit the site. This ensures the site will be able to quickly test your entire group. Please call 2-1-1 to coordinate large-group testing. Calls will be answered Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm.
2. Visit the Testing Site
- After registration, drive to the testing site for your arrival time. Wear your face covering when visiting the site. If you do not have a face covering, one will be provided to you.
- Address: 810 S. 14th Ave, Yakima, WA 98902 (get directions here)
- Depending on demand, the process can take as little as 15 minutes. It may take longer if there is high demand.
- This is a self-swab site, patients are given instructions on how swab themselves. This is an anterior nasal swab which should not cause any discomfort.
- The site does have an ADA accessible lane. If you need assistance at the test site, please indicate to the greeter upon your arrival. You will be directed to the appropriate testing lane.
- After the test, remember to save the QR code that is given to you at the test site. Here’s an example of the QR code:
3. Get Your Results
- You will receive a text message when results are ready.
- Access your results directly by focusing on the QR code with your Smartphone camera and follow the link, OR
- Visit the UW Medicine website and then enter the 12-digit retrieval code and your date of birth on the page.
- Expect results in around 3 days. Turnaround times may be slower depending on state-wide testing demand.
- You will receive a phone call only if your test is positive.
If you do not have internet access, you may call 833-562-1212 to get your results.
Learn more about COVID-19 Symptoms, Testing and Care at www.yakimacounty.us/2323/COVID-19
If you cannot register online or need additional assistance pre-registering, please call 2-1-1. If you need an interpreter, please tell us in English the language you need. We will then connect you with an interpreter.
Yakima community testing made possible in partnership with: